Neil’s Charcuterie Workshops have proved to be so popular that we’ve added other dates to the 2013 programme. Venue: Bread & Wine Vineyard Restaurant, Môreson Farm, Franschhoek.
Cost: R2500 per person.
The workshops – which each take place over two days - cover the making of savoury French style sausage, cooked and air-dried hams, blood sausage and more.
Space is limited to just 16 participants, per course, so early bookings are essential! To book, please contact Tina Jewell on 021 876 4004 or email email@example.com.
A special accommodation package is available at Delicious Hotels. For more information, please email Louise on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 876 8447.
Neil’s Charcuterie Programme:
- Registration and Truth Coffee 09h00/09h30
- Lesson: Breaking down of the pig carcass by Neil
- Tea break
- Lesson: Neil introduces and discusses the nuances of dry curing, brining and more
- Lunch and a tasting of award-winning wines from Môreson
- Lesson: Neil demonstrates how to create blood sausage, mortedella and saussison sec, with appropriate tastings
- Practical: participants create their own fresh sausages.
- Truth Coffee 09h00
- Lesson: Neil introduces and discusses rilette, confit and base ingredients
- Discussion: Opportunity to raise any questions regarding the art of charcuterie that have not yet been covered
- Lesson: Neil demonstrates how to build an indoor smoker and in groups of 4 the class makes a smoker and experiments with mushroom, cheese, pepper or tomato. Participants go on a guided tour of Neils’ smokers, selected wood chips and more
- Tea break
- Practical: Tasting of meats, from the maturing room, with Neil.
Neil's Charcuterie Programme includes the following:
- The delicious Bread & Wine Vineyard Restaurant cookbook
- Recipes for all the sausages, hams and other charcuterie produced
- A Bread & Wine Vineyard Restaurant apron, pen and notebook.