Cost: R 5000 per person
Jewell & Co—headed by Charcutier Neil Jewell—will host a two-day charcuterie course where you’ll literally learn the whole hog, courtesy of South Africa’s Charcuterie King.
Participants will also enjoy a delicious three-course lunch at Bread & Wine, paired with Môreson Wine.
The intimate, exclusive workshops cover the making of savoury French-style sausage, cooked and air-dried hams, blood sausage and more. Attendees will have the unique opportunity to hear Neil’s stories, ask him questions, and watch him demonstrate various butchering techniques.
Space is limited to just 12 participants, per course, so early bookings are essential! To book please contact Tina Jewell on +27 21 876 4004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewell & Co’s artisan charcuterie is available at The Miss Molly Charcuterie Bar, through Garden Route Goodies, The Organic Emporium and various other outlets.
1. Registration and coffee 09h30
2. Lesson: Breaking down of the pig carcass by Neil
3. Tea break
4. Lesson: Neil introduces and discusses the nuances of dry curing, brining and more
5. Lunch and a tasting of award-winning wines from Môreson
6. Lesson: Neil demonstrates how to create blood sausage, mortedella and saussison sec, with appropriate tastings
7. Practical: participants create their own fresh sausages.
1. Coffee 09h30
2. Lesson: Neil introduces and discusses rilette, confit and base ingredients
3. Discussion: Opportunity to raise any questions regarding the art of charcuterie that have not yet been covered
4. Lesson: Neil demonstrates how to build an indoor smoker and experiments with mushroom, cheese, pepper or tomato. Participants go on a guided tour of Neils’ smokers, discuss wood chips, Hot vs cold smokers and more
5. Tea break
6. Practical: Tasting of meats, from the maturing room, with Neil
28 & 29 May
25 & 26 June
6 & 7 August
20 & 21 August
We would love to have you join us at our next Two Day Charcuterie course. Please fill in the reservation form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible